Wednesday, September 23, 2015

I was saying my nightly prayers last evening, and it suddenly dawned on me that I wanted to impress something upon my children's hearts. "I just want you to know that you are ALWAYS ENOUGH!"  I know we all live our lives trying to accomplish more professionally, to visit more places, to see more things, to do more, to be more - but in the end, my children need to know that they are complete and enough just the way they are.  Yes, I want them to strive to be wonderful Christians, great students, caring friends, team-worthy athletes - but from my perspective, their mother's point of view, they are always enough!  They don't HAVE to be more - I love and cherish them just the way they are.  Just like my Heavenly Father cherishes me just the way I am.

So, the next time you are sitting on the sidelines of the soccer game, or in the stands at the baseball game, or looking over their science experiment, or watching them draw something wonderful - remind them that they don't have to be better, or more, or perfect... they are ENOUGH!  So says our Heavenly Father.


Colossians 2:10 - And you have been made complete in Christ, who is the head over every ruler and authority.

No comments:

Post a Comment