Friday, January 8, 2016

I really enjoy reading this blog and especially this most recent post....Modern Mrs. Darcy - The 2016 Reading Challenge

I have a love of books and this year's challenge intrigues me.  I always put together a list of books I plan to read during the year, but this time I might need to add a few from Mrs. Darcy's challenge.  I generally never read a book twice (except in Book Club when one of the other attendees chose "The Great Gatsby"- and oh how delightful it was to read the book for fun as opposed to knowing your were going to be tested on the material at the end) - but this year I might just have to pull out one of the classics from high school.  Do I even remember what I read in high school....sigh!  ;-)

So, here is my 2016 Reading List (so far):

  1. We'll Always Have Paris: A Mother/Daughter Memoir by Jennifer Coburn
  2. The 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth by John Maxwell
  3. Audacious by Beth Moore
  4. Girls With Swords by Lisa Bevere
  5. Choose Love: The 3 Simple Choices That Will Alter the Course of Your Life by Stormie Ormartian
  6. The Silent Wife by A.S. Harrison
  7. Queen Bees and Wannabees: Helping Your Daughter Survive Cliques, Gossip, Boyfriends, and the New Realities of Girl World by Rosalind Wiseman
  8. Then We Came to the End by Joshua Ferris
  9. Own Your Life: Living with Deep Intention, Bold Faith and Generous Love by Sally Clarkson
  10. Hoodwinked: Ten Myths Moms Believe And Why We All Need to Knock It Off by Karen Ehman and Ruth Schwenk
  11. The Daughter by Jane Shemilt
  12. Roar: The New Conservative Woman Speaks Out by Scottie Nell Hughes
I tried to mix up the fiction and non-fiction, but my reading list seems to be always more weighted toward the non-fiction side of things.

K

No comments:

Post a Comment